Akshara's Column: Naitik's love wins my heart

Dear readers, last week I shared my concerns about Naitik ji’s closeness with Sneha with all of you and I would like to thank you all for your messages and advice. They have helped me immensely in my moment of turmoil and have been a great support system.

After all the tension between Naitik Ji and me this past week, I had come to my parent’s house for the Teej ceremony which is celebrated in a big way in my family. Teej commemorates the reunion of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. It is believed that Goddess Paravati took 108 births to have Lord Shiva as her husband. Since then it is proclaimed that who so ever worships Parvati Ma is blessed with happy married life. At the time of Teej, women observe Nirjara Vrat so that Goddess Parvati becomes happy and bless their husband with long and healthy life.

So, like all women in the family I kept a fast for my husband, although I was still upset with him. But all my doubts and concerns seemed pointless when I found out that Naitik Ji observed fast for me on Teej and that made me realise how much he loves me. At first I had no clue that he was fasting for me and I continued to be indifferent towards him. I didn't pay him any attention when he came to my house. I demanded an explanation from him over the Sneha episode and he tried to clear all the misunderstandings.

Being a girl who would not give in easily, I continued to throw tantrums and kept ignoring him. It was when I got angry at him for not taking his tablet for headache that Varsha broke the news of Naitik fasting for me. I couldn't stop myself from becoming emotional. All my anger evaporated into thin air and my eyes welled up. I am really touched by his gesture. It is always nice to know that your husband loves you and can go to any extent to care for you. Nothing else can equal this feeling - the feeling of being loved and cared by the person who means the most to you.

The funny part about the whole thing is that Rashmi didi and Mohit bhaiya were betting over Naitik's fast. It's a win-win situation for Rashmi didi and me. The holy occasion of Teej has resulted in love and peace blossoming between us. I hope the road ahead is smooth and sans any hurdle for us as a couple.

Meanwhile, I would like to reply to some of your messages. Do write in to me at akshara@starplus.in and share your experience of such small but sweet tiffs with your spouse that has resulted in the two of you getting closer. I look forward to your mails.


Raju Saha: Hi Akshara, I am oldest son in my family. My mother is a big fan of your show. When she watches you on television, her attention is completely focused on your show. If you have any message for her, please let her know.
Akshara: Hi Raju, its very heart warming to hear that, please thank your mother from my end. Its your support that keeps us going.

Ashraf: Hi Akshara, I’m Ashraf from Chattisgarh and I’d like to start by wishing you a Happy Ramzan. I would like to tell you that my family and I have been watching the show since it began on January 1, 2009. Best of luck to you and your team mates
Akshara: Hi Ashraf, Thank you so much for your kind words. Happy Ramzan to you, too.

Lekshmi: I’m one of your admirer from Kerala. I would like to convey my profound wishes to the entire team of “Yeh Rista Kya Kehlata hai” for giving us such a wonderful family bonding yarn. Your smile is very cute. Keep on smiling & wish u a very wonderful future.
Akshara: Thank You, Lekshmi, I am highly obliged

Price Fizaan: Hi Akshara, Naitik and you make a lovely couple.
Akshara: Hi Price, thank you for complementing us.


More messages from Akshara's Column:
Plagued by suspicions
'I'm a bit jealous of Sneha'
I will be a bua soon
Some relationship advice
In a predicament
A wedding and a misunderstanding
Wedding preparations galore!
How my in-laws became my parents!