Naitik’s Fitness mantra

Fitness enthusiast Naitik, from STAR Plus' Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai who had been a regular at gym before he entered in television, hardly manages to scoop out time for his work-outs now. With whatever time he gets, Naitik loves to hit the gym as he loves to be in shape.
Though he agrees that in no time it has had its effects on his body, he has however taken steps to do his bit and remain in shape by eating healthy and avoiding junk food. Naitik shares his fitness regime with his fans.

What’s you fitness regime?

It is nearly 8-9 months that I could not follow any fitness regime because of my irregular shooting schedule. I have been eating healthy. I had given up non vegetarian food three years ago so I try to consume maximum of green vegetables.

Diet intake?

I do not plan my diet as such as I have been working round the clock. I try and have four meals a day. I eat break fast and prefer having home-cooked food. I avoid having food from the sets as its very oily. I eat fruits on a daily basis.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner?

In breakfast – I have a glass full of milk, toast and cornflakes and almonds. Sometimes I eat fruit between my breakfast and lunch. For lunch, I eat home cooked food which contains chapatis, two vegetables and daal and I avoid rice. In the evening, I have an apple or banana or pomegranate. At night, again I try consuming light food may be a chapati or so. I do not indulge myself in junk food.


How do you take out time for working out considering the erratic shooting hours?

I am not able to work out from past ten months. I was a regular at my gym but now due to my shoot and acting academy that I run, it becomes difficult for me to work on myself much. I would love to get back to gym.

How do you balance your personal and professional lives?

It is not easy but one needs to learn how to strike a balance between the two. Being in such a profession it is difficult for us manage our time but you cannot take people for granted .Since my family is in Delhi ,I try and spend as much time as I can with Nisha .I meet up with her at our office, go out for a movie, drive or for dinner. We are working hard to have a better future together.

What do you do to unwind yourself?

I go for a movie which relieves me of my tension. Sometimes I attend a dance class at my academy. It is also fun spending time with kids who are a part of the academy.

What are your likes and dislikes?

I like people who are punctual, discipline and professional with good soul. I do not like people who are dishonest and badmouth you.

Your passion and your hobbies?

I am passionate about acting and designing. It is my dream to act in a Hollywood project. I used to sketch a lot in Delhi and had an art gallery of my own. I like to play basket ball, swimming and soccer.

What are you most comfortable in?

A pair of nice denim trousers teamed up with a t-shirt.

Where do you like to hang out in Mumbai?

I have lived in Lokhandwala for four years and used to hang out a lot. I also like to hang out at Bandra and town side.


Where do you like to shop?

At In Orbit mall which is located in Malad.

What's your favourite sport? How closely do you follow it?

I love soccer but I barely get a chance to follow it. On contrary, I follow cricket but I rarely played it.

Your favourite holiday till date? Where would want to go for the ultimate holiday?

I had been to Australia for a shoot but my most memorable holiday would be Singapore. It is a beautiful place. I would also love to go to Venice once.

Favourite men's perfume?

I use Sand and Rage perfume.

Accessories you won’t leave your house without?

My kada, ring and chain.

Do you cook? What is the dish you are known for among your friends?

I haven’t cooked much. When I was sharing room with my friends in Mumbai, I used to cook Aalu Sabji which my friends talk about till date.

Who are your friends in the industry?

I do not know many people but some of them are Mark Robinson, Meet Brothers, Shivani Talwar and few young actors like Anuj Sachdev and Jay Soni.

Naitik's attempt to make Akshara jealous has backfired as Sneha who he has been showering his attention and care, has fallen for him. Akshara is worried about Naitik and Sneha's growing fondness for each other. Akshara's mother, Rajshri has spotted Natik with Akshara and is now concerned of Akshara's future as she wants her to be happy always.

So to know more, watch Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai from Monday to Friday at 9.30 pm only on STAR Plus