Akshara's Column: Plagued by suspicions

Amidst the Teej celebrations and the puja ceremony organised for Varsha, I had my own share of problems to deal with. I suspect there is something more than what meets the eyes in Sneha’s attitude towards Naitik ji.

No one would send a thank you card to someone, unless you are trying to covey something more than your gratitude. If Sneha had been calling up Naitik ji several times a day, then why couldn’t she thank him on the phone? Where does the need to send him a personal card arise? I have been trying to avoid any wrong notion about Naitik ji and Sneha fester my mind but it is too hard to resist now. I don’t understand what Sneha is up to. Naitik ji wants me to trust him but I can’t ignore what transpires right in front of me. I deliberately took away Naitik’s phone from him to answer Sneha’s call and she said that her parents are discussing her marriage. How does this matter concern my husband? Am I not right, dear readers, in being suspicious about the incident and worry on it?

I have tried to reason it out with Naitik ji but all that he asks me to do is to trust him. How long can I ignore my suspicions which keep growing with every passing moment? I don’t want to drag the confusion any further and want Naitik ji to clear the air for me. I hadn’t enjoyed the celebrations as I was worried due to Sneha’s visit to our place in my absence and then her thank you card arrived, which has made me all the more suspicious. What is she trying to prove? I can feel there is something more to it than just expressing your appreciation. I wouldn’t send a personal note to a guy thanking him for all his help. As a wife, I am well within my rights to find out what’s happening in my husband’s life be it personal or professional. I have given him enough space but now Sneha’s episode is affecting my personal life. I don’t want to doubt my husband but whatever is transpiring from the past few weeks is not helping the matter.

Varsha advises me to trust Naitik, but every time I try to dismiss it something happens that just confirms my suspicions. I don’t know why Naitik ji fails to fathom the gravity of the situation and all this is really troubling me. I don’t know how to clear the confusion and get rid of Sneha. I really need your help dear readers. Please suggest ways by which I can resolve this quandary and avoid any sort of unwanted trouble in my married life?

I look forward to your advice and suggests. Please write to me at akshara@starplus.in. and help me come out of this situation.

Meanwhile, here are my replies to some of your messages:

Sona Mehra: Akshara if you want Naitik to pay attention to you, then you should clear all your doubts.
Akshara: Dear Sona, thanks for your suggestion, but I have tried to clear my doubts with him. All he says is to wait for the right time.

Gurjeevan: Hi Didi, I love your show especially you and Naitik bhaiya. You are a very good Jodi.
Akshara: Thank you so much, .

Minahil Nauman: Akshara, you are superb. Congrats to Varsha on being pregnant. You should be pregnant by now, as well.
Akshara: Thanks, Minahil, for your wishes. I will surely pass them on to Varsha. As far as I am concerned, it will surely happen at the right time.

Kajal: Hey Akshara.I can't believe it that I am e-mailing you. That's crazy but anyway. I am Kajal and I am 15 years old and I live in Sydney, Australia. My country that my parents are from is Fiji, so that makes a Fijian Indian.
I am a really big fan of you and Naitik, I love your show Yeh rishta kya khelatha hai it's an awesome show and I think you are doing really well as your part as a wife, bahu, daughter and bhabhi. I think that character suits you :) You are very beautiful and you and Naitik make a really good couple :) I think his really cute...your tips that are in the magazine are really good and I don't think that I should add on to that because you have said the things that I would say if I was married in a relationship. Your show is really good, I love it, I watch it with my mum everyday at 6:00pm. Anyways Akshara i better go now. Hope you reply soon :)
Akshara: Thank you so much, Kajal, for appreciating our work. Keep supporting us throughout.

Manju: Hi, I am Manju. My advice to you is not to suspect Natik Ji as he is sweet and loves his wife very much. There are always misunderstandings in relationships so please to talk to him. It’ll be good for both of you. Love makes life live.
Akshara: Thank you Manju, I will try to follow your advice.

More messages from Akshara's Column:
'I'm a bit jealous of Sneha'
I will be a bua soon
Some relationship advice
In a predicament
A wedding and a misunderstanding
Wedding preparations galore!
How my in-laws became my parents!