Akshara’s Column: Celebration time in the family


Hi everyone, I had a wonderful time during Raskha Bandhan. The celebrations mean a lot to me, as I am very fond of Shourya and Bhola Bhaiya.I really enjoyed my Raksha Bandhan with my family. Anshu, the adorable little brother that he is, got me a pair of anklets with his pocket money. How sweet is that? Brothers can be so adorable, yet so annoying sometimes. It’s like you get irritated with them for their silly behaviour, and then they go and do something sweet and special like this.

Shourya bhaiya too gave me a nice gift. Bhola bhaiya felt bad that he couldn’t get me anything, but I assured him that his blessings were enough. Unfortunately, the celebrations at my house were short lived, as Nandini didi couldn’t stay long as her mother -in-law fell ill. It was sad, because I wanted to spend more time with her and so all of us decided to give her a surprise and went to celebrate Rakhi at her place. Nandini didi was very happy becasue this was the first rakhi after her marriage. Although it was a lot of fun, I felt tired because of so much travelling, but Naitik ji being the ever-romantic husband that he is kept making me laugh with his silly jokes and making me forget all about my exhaustion.

Everything was going on smoothly, despite the hectic schedule we had last week. Despite the chaos thanks to family get-togethers on occasion of Raksha Bandhan and Rashmi didi’s birthday, Naitik ji made it a point to spend time with me. And I loved every minute of it.
But my most unexpected encounter with Sneha left me a little flustered. She had come to the same restaurant where we had gone to celebrate Rashmi didi’s birthday. When Naitik ji showed me who Sneha was, I was taken by surprise as she was the same girl that I had met in the restaurant a little earlier.

Right now, I don’t know what to make of this relationship between Naitik ji and Sneha. I don’t question his commitment and loyalty towards me, but I want to confront her and tell her to stop bothering my family.

Meanwhile, write to me at akshara@starplus.in and do let me know how you celebrated Raksha Bandhan and share your stories with me. I look forward to hearing from all of you.

Fans Express

Anila: Hi Akshara, I’m from Kerala. Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai is my favourite serial. Naitik and you look cute together. You’re the best couple on STAR Plus.
Akshara: Hi Anila, Thanks so much for your comments

Maria: Hey Akshara, congratulations on the success of your show. I watch your show regularly and am a big fan of you and Naitik. I love the random fights you have on the show. The two of you have amazing chemistry. I hope the Sneha incident ends soon and the two of you sort out your differences. I hope that you show this mail to the entire cast and crew of the show to show how much all of us appreciate the work you’re all doing. You guys deserve nothing but the best. My best wishes to the team.
Akshara: Hi Maria, Thank you so much for your encouraging and loving words. I shall surely convey the message to everyone.

Darshita: Hi Akshara,this is Darshita from Birmingham UK. I’m a big fan of your show. My daughter Jiya, who is 2 and a half years old also loves watching the show.The show has taught me a lot.
Akshara: Hi Darshita, thank you for your feedback.

More messages from Akshara's Column:
Naitik's love wins me over
Plagued by suspicions
'I'm a bit jealous of Sneha'
I will be a bua soon
Some relationship advice
In a predicament
A wedding and a misunderstanding
Wedding preparations galore!
How my in-laws became my parents!